Sunday, September 03, 2006

"Working Out"


Yesterday Michael and I joined a gym together! Now we have a hobby that doesn't involve spending money. Except for the massages and personal trainer I plan to hire.

I have gone to two classes so far. He likes to do the "step" classes, and I am inclined towards the "yoga" and "Pilates" [or Pilot, as he called it when looking for me yesterday. ]

It is really rough to attempt getting back to strength and flexibility. I was sweating in both classes and trying to remind myself that I am not as young as I was when I first began this bodywork.

I liked the Yoga teacher, Lucy. She worked us hard, but was also giving compliments as she walked around the room. Her touch is very gentle.
She is going to do a 7:00 a.m. class on Wednesdays and I think I might try and go for that. Or not. I am not sure my alarm has a 6:00 a.m. setting.


Note to self:

Bring a larger towel with me next time I go to the gym. (I'm not feeling really comfortable walking around naked like the woman I saw today, and the towels they have don't fit around me (Yet)

No comments: