Monday, September 11, 2006

Kaddish for 9/11



A poem written by Hannah Senesh,

(Eili, Eili,shelo yigamer l'olam,Hachol v'hayam,rishrush shel hamayim,B'rak hashamayim, t'filat ha-adam.)

Oh Lord, my God, I pray that these things shall never end:
The sand and the sea, the rush of the waters,
The crash of the heavens,
the prayer of Man.
*********
There are stars whose radiance is visible on earth
though they have long been extinct.
There are people whose brilliance continues to light the world
though they are no longer among the living.
These lights are particularly bright when the night is dark.
They light the way for mankind.
(from the writing of Hannah Senesh)

1 comment:

Danubis The Concise said...

I remembered this day by listening to Wake me up when September ends by Green Day. It has a special poigniancy now, I think.