Sunday, July 30, 2006


I decided to call my all my political faux pas a "Hug Howard Dean" moment.

That was the first one...I met Howard Dean at a Democrats fundraising event and tried to hug him. After a few months I was able to laugh about it...

Yesterday I jumped up to the microphone after Pete Ashdown spoke..and yapped on about a Democracy for Utah event where Pete is speaking (in September).

I woke up after a nap feeling like I had done something really stupid when I was drunk...I didn't have the excuse of drunkenness...just the "getting caught up in the Ashdown moment" as my friend Jeff Bell called it.

Let' s see, who did I call for reasurrance? Jeff, Marcie, Katie, Wayne...and I wrote an email asking for forgivness to Pete...and I wrote a "what an jackass" note to Carrie.

Writing to Carrie was probably the defining moment in realizing that I had another Hug Howard moment.

Carrie is very interesting: she is the chairperson/President of the Democracy for Utah group. She is very bright, and has those logical left brain observations. I like talking to her and checking out our different realities. It helps me get to a more grounded place...

1 comment:

Danubis The Concise said...

Don't worry about it - we all have those moments, just often not with national celebrities. You should feel proud of the fact that you can make an ass of yourself with such prominent figures while the rest of ourselves are relegated to humiliation in among friends and family.