Wednesday, July 05, 2006


Happy Families!

I spent some time yesterday going through those old boxes of photos (from the pre digital era) for Dan and Jenny. They're going to use some childhood pictures of each other for guests to see at the wedding.

Being reminded of the good and not so good past...Dan and Josh have both changed so much, but their presentation in the photos seems to have themes for each of them. Not sure how to define it yet, but I will.

One thing I did was to toss photos: People I don't recognize any more; "places" that look better in real life or in postcards; pictures of myself that were unbelievablely unattractive. It was a physical "delete".

No reason to keep reminders of when I looked (to myself) gross, poorly dressed, with big ugly hair. Also, I am so glad I am no longer holding on to the "redhead". My natural color as a child was a blondish-red, then it became darker and more like Josh's beard; red highlights in the sun. I like myself better now.

I also liked pictures of me and Allen and the boys when they were little. Some of those times were good, and I want to remember them.

I'm going to buy an inexpensive scanner so I can keep them on the computer and on disk.







No comments: