Friday, August 11, 2006

Wedding Day Photo on Dan and Jenny's wedding at Red Butte..of me and Michael..you can see a partial shot of Nathan, the ring bearer.
I look pretty happy. I ended up liking my dress, and my hair and make up...and was only tearful when Dan and I danced to a Josh Grobin song ; "You raise me up" for the mother son dance.

He and Jen looked so very happy.


I'd like to go back and do the whole day over so I can experience it more completely. I think now that I spent too much time talking to people who don't matter that much to me. I would like more time sitting at the table where Bob Goldberg sat, with Sue and Joe Moore and Jan and Bill.

Listening to Loren pontificate his views of people and life took my attention from what I wanted and needed to do. Like speaking Martian. He is sincere, and well meaning, but totally out of touch with the World as I See it...he was telling me that one of the kids in the wedding was "lost" and would never make anything of himself... This particular kid has a high gpa, can go to college, and has worked through school to buy things that his mom can't aford to get for him. He is sweet and funny and happens to have long blong hair...maybe an earing or two. BFD.

Although Loren was praising Dan (worthy of praise) he was also dissing
Nikky....for no reason that I can think of except to project himself as an "expert" or as someone who knew what they were talking about.

Reminds me of the people who stand in front of paintings at an art museum and discuss the meaning behind a splash of paint and what the painter was "trying to convey". Bleech and Annie Hall.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: